The flagship of the Penn International® Lever Drag family of reels, the International® V-Series raises the gold standard for offshore anglers. The International® V reels offer the most advanced and reliable fish-fighting performance in the world, with an ergonomically designed, contoured, one-piece machined frame, and unbelievable cranking power and strength. Distinctive pure gold color. Larger models have rod braces and harness lugs.
The PENN International V Reels offer the most advanced and reliable fish-fighting performance in the world, with an ergonomically designed, contoured, one-piece machined frame, and unbelievable cranking power and strength. Distinctive pure gold color separates Penn from the impostors.
- Shift: Penn’s Quick Shift engages automatically with a deliberate bump of the shift button (low-speed) or spin of the shift knob (high-speed). This is the easiest, and most angler-friendly two-speed feature on the market, and can be perfomed without letting go of the handle.
- Drag: Penn Dura-Drag™ will dramatically improve the performance of Penn International® Reels, as well as significantly extend the life-span of an International® drag. Say goodbye to hesitations and jerky drags. In laboratory testing, the new Dura-Drag sustained its original drag settings after 100-hours of drag “burn-time”, while competitors’ materials dropped by more than 35%. Powerful double-disc drag with 150-degree drag quadrant.
- Push-to-Turn: Designed to prevent unintentional changes to a Lever-Drag’s drag setting by good-intentioned charters, guests, or “expert” anglers, Penn’s Push-to-Turn requires the drag pre-set knob to be intentionally “pushed” while rotating the pre-set to gain more(clockwise) or less drag (counter-clockwise).
- Gears: Machine-cut, heat-treated stainless steel main and pinion gears and drag cam.
- Bearings: Four aircraft-grade, sealed, stainless steel ball bearings
- Materials: Machined, gold anodized one-piece frame. Forged and machined spool and side plates. Stainless steel reel stand